Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's time for CAM again...

Feb 01 2012

[I haven't been on here for a year and reading the 2011 post cracks me up. Some things haven't changed much! I.e., the Lord's still working on that stubborn shell of mine....]

If this is your first time here, it may sound indulgent. Sure, I created a holiday that’s an entire month long and I named it after myself. Where the rubber meets the road, February is my time to explore life with passion and intentionality. Instead of Christmas cards and New Year’s announcements I wait until February to really catch up with people.

CAM is meant to be a blessing. My goal is to be more aware of myself and more aware of others. It’s an invitation to know the depth of the riches of Christ and what it means to live this side of heaven. I don’t have all the answers but I enjoy inviting others to journey with me so we can learn together. I prefer that to journeying alone.

Awareness, defined by Webster: (n) having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge.

Quick disclaimer: this is not new age or general spirituality. There’s a great deal of mindfulness and “become like a god” thinking that abounds these days. I’m not into that, nor do I promote it because it only takes you so far. We are spiritual beings but we were created by Someone who is bigger than we are. He is a person and His name is Jesus Christ. We are limited; He is limitless. What I share is based on personal experience rooted in a relationship with Christ. My goal is to lose my life that I might find it in Him. When we let Christ live through us we experience more life than we could ever create on our own. The life you see in me comes from a source much greater than myself, and it’s available to anyone who wants it. Jesus said come, all you who are thirsty (Isaiah 55) – so I implore you: drink from the well that never runs dry, fully satisfies yet always leaves you craving more!

CAM has a timeline for the month that usually proceeds like this: Intro, updates from the past year, theme, discussion, conclusion and reflections for the next stage. The “schedule” might be thrown out the window this year. I have no idea right now.

As I write this I’m on a high-speed train from Paris to Delft, Netherlands. I’m enjoying a few weeks in Europe visiting friends and having adventures, I haven’t been working nor have I been searching for work. I’ve been letting the Lord slow me down and wash over me with His love. It’s not easy. His love is powerful, and I like to build walls around my heart and be in control. I’m a graduate student in Colorado State’s MBA program as of three weeks ago. I submitted a late application Dec. 16th and prayed for doors to be opened; intended to start in the fall but had my GMAT waived and open doors for a spring start. I’m still catching up to the reality of it. There’s so much richness in everything the Lord does. I’m just one person with one life; He works in many ways.

There’s your introduction. Welcome to CAM! Consider journeying with me. I wouldn’t invite you if I didn’t want you to be here with me. I promise it’ll be good.

Send me thoughts and reflections throughout the month. I like dialogue. I like hearing from you. That’s what this is for. Let me know how you’re growing, what’s going on in your life. I want to hear about your struggles, your loss, your victory, your heart. There’s life to be found here and I dare you to explore it with me.

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you post more this month. Keep the conversation going. ;)

    ReplyDelete